Monday, August 07, 2006

Tutorial - NHibernate and VS2005 - Part 0.1

Okay, slight wrinkle. I spent the better part of the last 2 days just getting back into working order. My version of SQL Server 2005 wasn't getting along with my version of Visual Studio 2005. Specifically, SQL Server wouldn't connect. I figure I'd re-install, and from there things went downhill.

After several uninstall/reinstall/repair cycles it finally dawned on my that my CTP of SQL Server 2005 couldn't possibly play nice with Visual Studio as it was compiled against a beta of the .NET framework. D'Oh. That explains, of course, why SQL Server 2005 kept trying to install a beta of Visual Studio.

So, SQL Server 2005 Express it is then.

Oh well, now that the bitterness has passed I'm ready to move on again.

I'm happy to say that my app works flawlessly. And here it is:

    1 using System;

    2 

    3 namespace NHibernateTest

    4 {

    5     class Program

    6     {

    7         static void Main(string[] args)

    8         {

    9         }

   10     }

   11 }


Stunning isn't it?

It's exactly what it looks like: the standard wizard-generated mainline for a console app.

Since this is a tutorial, I might as well go through the steps:


The only non-standard entry is unchecking the 'Create directory for solution' check box.

That's it, just one step. After the day and a half of re-installing it's all I can deal with right now.

[Ed: Copied with CopySourceAsHtml]

[Listening to (via Pandora): Glenn Miller - Pennsylvania Six-Five Thousand]

No comments: