Saturday, May 29, 2004

Slight change of direction

I'm putting what little I've done aside and starting fresh. I'm doing this for a couple of reasons:

  • Some/most of the current code was actually copied from my previous attempt. So it's a bit of a cheat.
  • I want to try some of the new code generation/code quality tools in the new Tech Preview
  • I have my solution broken out into several assemblies (Core.Messaging, Core.Configuration, Utility.Logging, Utility.UnitHelpers and Utility.Xml.) What's happening is that I'm pre-supposing where classes belong. Also, since I have a Unit test assembly for each real assembly I have quite a few to deal with. This makes loading and compiling the solution all that much longer.
  • I should be breaking code up along Code Access Security boundaries, not perceived usage boundaries.
  • I don't have that much code yet, so no is as good as it's going to get if I'm ever going to do it.

  • Wish me luck

    [Listening to: Sir Mix-A-Lot - Baby Got Back]

    Update: added point for Code Access Security

    No comments: